Last year's New Year's resolution was so much fun, that I started thinking of a resolution for 2012 way back in July. Yes I know I am really uncool... but I love this kind of thing. I love making a resolution that I can stick to and that's actually fun to stick to. My New Year's Resolution for 2012 is going to be "My 12 in 12" The 12 things I want to do/accomplish in 2012. I have been mulling over a list of possible things to include for several weeks, which is why it's taken me this long to finally post this. I am pretty certain this is the list I will stick to, but I won't promise that edits won't be made along the way. It's difficult since last year's resolution was be more spontaneous now I have to switch gears and try to be the complete opposite and plan a whole year in advance...So here ya go, my tentative list for "My 12 in 12"
1) Run 1,200 miles- this sounds like a lofty goal, but I know I can do it. It will require that I run at least 100 miles a month (25 miles a week) which is pretty average for me. If the weather keeps up this will make my goal very easy :)
2) Half-Marathon- I will run my very first half-marathon. This should be a piece of cake if I stick to #1 on the list. I have run several 10k's and I think this is the year to push myself a little bit farther and get that half accomplished.
3) Ski-trip- Not to brag, but I already accomplished this one :)
4) Go to the Cirque de Soleil- I have been fascinated by Cirque since I saw a show on them years ago. A few years back when I was in Vegas we considered going to a show, but the tickets were expensive and we had more drinking to do! This year I decided I HAD to do it. The good news is I already bought the tickets to Michael Jackson's Immortal tour, so my mom and I will be rockin' out and enjoying the show in just a few short weeks :)
5) Read one book a month- I love to read, but as a teacher I spend most of my free time reading kids books. This year I am going to read one book a month for me. HOWEVER...my January book was teen fiction (what can I say I love it!)
6) Zip line- This is something I have always wanted to do, and I just haven't ever been in the situation to make it happen.
7) Volunteer- As a teacher I am so fortunate to have my summers free, and this year I want to spend some of that time volunteering.
8) Try a new recipe each month- I'm not a terrible cook, I just hate to do it. My variety of dishes that I can/will cook is very limited. I am hoping that this year I will learn at least a few new recipes to add to my regulars.
9) Take a class- After 4 years of undergrad and 2 years of grad school I am a little tired of taking college classes.This year I want to take a fun class...painting, cake decorating, dancing, photography etc.
10) Make a budget- I'm pretty good with my money, however I spend way more than I should on stupid things. I want to start being more aware of where my money is and saving more :)
11) Get a passport and use it- I love to travel, but I have never left the country and I would like to try accomplish that this year. This however could be one of the things on my list that changes...especially since #10 on my list is to save money!
12) Make a blog post AT LEAST once a month- Just like last year, I am going to blog my adventures, but I am also going to blog other things. I found a website where you can turn your blogs into books, and I can't think of a better way to preserve my memories :) Especially since I am only about 3 years behind on my scrapbooks!