2015 was definitely a good, no GREAT year for me...4 half marathons, 1 marathon, 2 PRs, and ZERO injuries...unless you count that time I fell while running through the neighborhood...and in that case the only thing I injured was my pride ;)
So here it is...my year in review-i.e. my chance to brag about my accomplishments ;)
1) I ran a new distance this year...the 12k. The cool part about this was it was an automatic PR! It was also one of the hardest races I have ever run...hills on hills on hills!
2) I completed the Heartland 39.3 series for the 2nd year in a row...and not only walked away with a shiny new half PR...but 3 sub 1:45 half-marathons :)
3) Can I
dwell on brag about the Heartland 39.3 series a little longer...
I placed 14th overall for the entire series...out of 480 women! In 2014 I placed around 40th.
4) I completed marathon training in the midst of getting married, buying a house, and starting a new school year :)
5) I ran a 5k in Mexico while on our honeymoon...after 5 days of eating and drinking entirely too much...not my most shining (or pleasant) moment of 2015 ;)
6) I RAN THE FREAKING CHICAGO MARATHON! Need I say more? Seriously...how lucky am I?
7) Sub 4 marathon...again...need I say more? (Yes...I'm still residing on cloud 9 over this one!)
8) One more
thing brag about Chicago....
Negative splits :)
As you can see 2015 was oh so good to me! I was so blessed...in every facet of my life...and I couldn't be more grateful for your love, support, and constant encouragement!
See you all next year :)